In this Help and Information Tutorial you will learn how to Install the Maya Software as a student in the Sun West School division.
Method 1: Installing on School computers
On school computers, you will need to download the software from the App Catalog.
You should arrange to sit at the same computer every day for this class because downloading the software takes awhile, and the computer assigned to you will have more RAM and a faster video card than the other computers in your school. Please explain this to the EA at your school and to the other students using the room at the same time so there isn't a constant shuffling of computers.
Installation may take longer than an hour, so please make arrangements with your EA to watch the progress if you need to leave for your next class, and ask them to log you out of the computer once it is complete.
- Go to the Application Catalog on the desktop of your computer.
- Click Autodesk in the "Category" pane in the left side of the App Catalog
- you will find DLC Maya 2017. This is the program that you need to install.
Method 2: Installing on your Home Computer
You should also download the software to your home computer so you can work on the assignments at home. The assignments will take a substantial amount of time and you will have to be working outside of school hours.
- Go to the Maya Autodesk website
- You will need to create an account
- Your Educational role is "Student"
- Fill in the required information and create your account. **Note: Use your school email in the email field. You will have access to the educational software for 3 years